Party / Convenience Stores Attorney

Beverages That A Liquor License Is Required ForMichigan Liquor License Attorneys

Owning a party or convenience store is the dream of many people in Michigan, but getting the necessary licenses and approvals can be a nightmare. Zoning issues, traffic flow questions and difficulties in getting a liquor license can block the construction or purchase of these retail establishments.

Carlin Edwards Brown PLLC is a law firm that clears the way for owners of party and convenience stores. We help them obtain SDD licenses and deal with local authorities.

Contact us to speak with an experienced attorney. We will act quickly to seek the licenses and approvals you need.

Obtaining a SDD License

A SDD license allows the owner of a store to sell beer, wine and liquor for consumption off premises. Many business people think that an SDD license comes automatically when they purchase a store with an existing license. This is not true. Local municipalities and townships have the opportunity to object to SDD license transfers, and these potential objections must be addressed by capable attorneys who know the Liquor Code. Often these denials are based on concerns regarding traffic and concentration of similar stores in a neighborhood, as well as concerns over the background of the store owner requesting the license.

Our firm has a great deal of experience with local authorities regarding the approval and transfer of SDD licenses, including the clerks, planners, police departments, board members and commissioners who make the liquor license decisions in our state’s municipalities. We work hard to help our clients get the liquor licenses, permits and approvals they need to operate off-premises beverage stores — quickly and efficiently.

Help With City Permits and Approvals

In addition to helping people obtain and transfer liquor licenses, our lawyers help store owners deal with various zoning laws and other regulations that make owning a party or convenience store in Michigan difficult.

As your one-stop source for permit and approval assistance, we can help clear the way for you to buy and operate a successful store.

For help regarding a liquor license transfer and approval to operate a party or convenience store, contact our firm online or call at 248-816-5000 today.

Put Our Experience to Work for You

Contact us for a consultation with Carlin Edwards Brown PLLC

Send Us a Message
Hospitality Law Background For CEBH Law

We Cover the State of Michigan

From our offices in Metro Detroit, Oakland County, Lansing and Gaylord, we cover the entire state of Michigan. We work with the Michigan Liquor Control Commission on a daily basis and have strong working relationships with state and local government decision makers around the state. We are also members in a national licensing network of liquor law firms, allowing us to provide representation to national and regional operators wishing to expand in other states.

Map of CEBH Hospitality Law Locations In Michigan
Gaylord Office
213 E. Main St. Second Floor
Gaylord, MI 49735
Phone: (989)251-1041
Fax: (989)688-5901
Lansing Office
6017 W. St. Joe Hwy, Suite 202
Lansing, MI 48917
Phone: (517)321-4616
Fax: (517)321-4642
Metro Detroit / Oakland County Office
423 N. Main Street, Suite 220
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Phone: (248)816-5000
Fax: (248)816-5115
Map of CEBH Law Hospitality Law Office Locations
Contact Us
close slider

    How would you like to be contacted?

    Legal Disclaimer ImageThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

    Privacy Policy.